Thursday, February 6, 2014

You are mine, till you’re not

I can’t blink my eyes,
And wish you weren’t here
All the times you’ve refused to leave,
Or let me runway.

We lay together,
My head on your chest,
The rhythm was familiar,
It went along my breath.

Can’t let you closer than this,
It will be wrong,
It will be wrong to let you in again,
The battle is already lost

You can’t turn your back to the past,
But you can keep me till the last,
You are mine, till you’re not,
Till you say, you’ve forgotten, who I was.

He did ask me once,
2 people so alike,
Cannot be so apart,
And be so synchronized

Those moments have passed,
We’re not that any more,
We know everything there is to know,
Love can’t be emphasized.

A stone like you can’t be warmed,
A wild thing as me, can’t be tamed,
It’s impossible, you were right,
Love is a stupid game to play

You can’t turn your back to the past,
But you can keep me till the last,
You are mine, till you’re not,
Till you say, you’ve forgotten, who I was.

You’re so difficult, and so hard to love,
But that makes it easier,
I deserve better, but with you it feels like home,
Too bad, I can’t be her.

You can’t turn your back to the past,
But you can keep me till the last,
You are mine, till you’re not,
Till you say, you’ve forgotten, who I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment